Cashew, Apricot & Cacao Flapjacks
So, we could start off this post by saying things like 'these are THE best flapjacks in the world', or 'this is the greatest recipe for perfect flapjacks'.....but really, thats not what we're about...
We're not going to make impossibly unfounded claims. We're just going to say; we like eating them, we think they taste pretty darn good, and they're also vegan!
We also like this recipe because you can change up the nuts or swap apricots for cherries/raisins, or even leave out the cacao nibs if you're not a fan. But at the end of the day, you'll still get a super tasty snack. Enjoy!
250g rolled oats (we use gluten free, just 'cos)
200g pitted dates (medjool dates are best)
100g soft apricots
50g cacao nibs
4tbsp almond butter (we used Meridian)
100ml maple syrup
50g coconut oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Chop pistachios and cashews, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Roughly chop the dates and apricots.
4. In a saucepan, heat the maple syrup, almond butter, coconut oil and 150ml of water. Add in the chopped dates, and heat through, whilst gently mashing the dates, until you are left with a sticky mixture.
5. Tip the oats, nuts and apricots in to a large bowl.
6. Add in the date mixture and the cacao nibs and stir through until evenly coated.
7. Pour the mixture in to a baking tin and press in to an even layer.
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
9. Cut in to portions and serve.
10. Store this in the fridge for prolonged freshness. They'll last for at least 10 days....if they in fact last that long!
Feel free to leave any comments or feedback if you've tried our recipes. You can do that right here.